Thursday, October 5, 2017

Disneyland Trip Last Day

Our last full day in California, we went to the beach and to an Angels game.

 It was pretty foggy, and the water was cold (as it always is in California,) but that didn't keep anyone from enjoying themselves.




 I'm pretty sure my kids could play in the sand all day.
 ...And I will join them.


Jake and Kami found an area with fish, and they gave turns showing all the kids.





 The Angels game was beautiful weather and there was no one there, so we moved down to sit closer. It was a fun game to watch with (3?) home runs. Just a good day for baseball.




 I took a picture after we got home of Meili's shirt all signed. She and Grant both wore their shirts on their first day back to school.
 This is the truck that Grant bought for his souvenir. As soon as he saw this truck, I knew there was no reason to keep looking, because he was going to buy this truck.

And while we were gone, Cam was well taken care of. I'll be honest, most of the time we were gone, I was just counting my blessings that he wasn't with us. We love this little boy so much, but he would have been a disaster on this particular trip. My mom and Emily sent us regular updates, so we knew things were going well on the homefront. But I had no idea how anxious I would be to see him. From the moment we got off the airplane in Salt Lake, my heart started racing and as soon as I saw him, I started bawling. No idea why. You'd think it had been years since I had seen him, or that he was in serious danger. But, nope, I just sobbed like a baby after not holding my baby for a week.
 Luckily all the updates we got throughout the week were positive. He slept well all but one night, he didn't miss us too much, and they worked on growing his belly :)


After going to Disneyland (again-it's been awhile,) I can definitely see what all the fuss is about. There really is some magic there. Josh and I were impressed with how clean it was. We momentarily lost a few kids (in the family, not ours) and the staff was so helpful and responsive, and as I said, the detail is extraordinary. But it's always good to go on a trip, where you enjoy yourselves, but when it's over, you're ready to come home. Now we'll see how long it takes for our kids to not ask us everyday when we're going back.

No comments: