Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Before School Starts...

 Every year, on "Cow Appreciation Day," I make my kids dress like cows so we can get free food from Chic-Fil-A. So far, they have yet to protest.
 Swimming lessons at the Aquatic Center were a hit for these two. Both ended up being better swimmers, they thought it was amazing that they got to take lessons where there was a giant water slide. I, on the other hand, got to chase Cam around on concrete for two hours each day for two weeks, when he was barely learning to walk, during his naptime, and trying desperately to keep him out of the water. Let's just say we got pretty creative for those two weeks. And I learned my lesson. Sign them up for swim lessons early! 

(P.S. Whose kid wears rain boots to swim lessons? Mine does.)


 Between 12 and 13 months, Cam decided to start walking. With that, it was necessary to break out the shoes. When they look like this, that is not a bad thing.
 These two will definitely miss playing at the park together during the school year!



 I don't remember the reason for these pictures. Probably just that he's so darn cute.

And just like that, summer was over, and we are into the school year. Not only that, but I have a first grader!!!!!

Meili's been ready for first grade since... the womb. I'm excited for her. I know she'll love it. But I think it stinks for me. I just lose my buddy, and entertainer of the other two kids.
 


So far, as expected, she loves school. She is still at the age that eating lunch at school is super cool. She comes home so tired and hot everyday. I feel like she is already such a busy little girl-between school all day, homework, reading, piano, gymnastics, and friends. She has kept some of her friends from kindergarten, and already made lots of new friends in first grade. She's also excited to be on the Leadership Team at school, which just means more responsibilities for this little go-getter!
 
Grant was also, so excited to start preschool. I told myself that I wouldn't put anymore of my kids in two years of preschool, just because it's just one more thing to do and more money, where I don't think it's necessary. But I couldn't help myself. He has watched for the last 3 years as Meili has done so many fun things, and I was impatient for him to have some of those experiences himself.
 
 Grant is more attached to me at this age than Meili was, but he was still so ready for preschool. He hugged me, gave me a kiss and walked into school all by himself. And preschool is pretty much heaven for Grant. He is oblivious to any learning or classmates at preschool, and his teacher has a pretty ridiculous collection of trucks. So everyday when I ask Grant his favorite thing about preschool, he tells me that he played with trucks. I have noticed that he's learning some of his letters, and he is starting to learn the names of the other kids at school, so I'll continue telling myself that he is getting something out of it.
I ask myself regularly how I got so lucky with these 3!

No comments: