By Thursday, we had pretty much done everything we wanted to, so Thursday was a day to tie up loose ends, go on a few of our favorites over again, and take it all in.
On the Radiator Springs ride, we couldn't convince Grant to go, and Meili got the most wet. We asked her how she felt about being so wet (since Grant was not so happy about it,) and this was her reaction. Grant and Meili are opposite in pretty much every way.We did a couple of the rides at California Adventure and went on the Cars ride again since we loved it so much the first time. On Thursday, it started getting a lot more crowded and the lines got a lot longer. So it was a good thing we had already gotten most things in.
We were finally able to meet Mickey! I told Josh early in the week, that he was the only character that I felt like we HAD to meet, and he ended up being the one we had to put the most effort into meeting.
I still could have spent more time in Toon Town, but we had to make a lunch reservation.
We let the kids explore the little island over by the New Orleans area. I think they were glad to just feel a little freedom rather than standing in line or racing from one ride to another.
Then we went to a play of Frozen. I was really glad we did. The kids got a little break, the play was better than I expected, and we felt refreshed enough to keep going without having to go back to the hotel and waste time going back and forth.
Then Meili and I took a little drawing class in California Adventure, while Josh and Grant went to an interactive movie about the sea. That was fun too! If we had known about it earlier on, I think Meili and I would have done another one.
When Josh and I talked about the rides we wanted to go on again the most, I said the Cars ride, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Haunted Mansion. Luckily we got those all in. I thought the Haunted Mansion was awesome because it was all decorated in a Nightmare Before Christmas theme for Halloween. It's amazing all the time and effort that is put into every detail at Disneyland.
And somehow, we convinced Grant to go on it again, even though he was definitely done with all things scary by the end of the trip.
The good news is: by the time we were done with Disneyland, our whole family was ready to be done. But no matter what, leaving Disneyland is always a little bit sad.
Josh and I took several pictures of our kids sleeping throughout the week. They were so tired, and it was crazy to see all the different positions they ended up in when they were sharing a bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment