Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Solar Eclipse

We had the rare opportunity to see a solar eclipse this summer. I didn't realize just what we were in for or just how rare it was. In our area, we saw about 95% totality, but just a couple hours north of us, it was 100%. If I would have really realized ahead of time, we probably would have made the effort to see that. But as it was, it was pretty cool, and a fun experience with the kids.
 The Logan library was having a viewing party, with balloon animals and some treats.
 Luckily, I at least put the effort into getting glasses. Everyone at Josh's work, shared his one pair. We lost Grant's pretty early on and the library, but he wasn't upset about sharing with Meili and I.

 Where we were, it got a little darker, and a little cooler, but the sun was never totally covered. It was fun to see the crescent-shaped shadows on the sidewalk, and I wish I had taken pictures of that.

 We made a stop before the eclipse to take pictures at USU that Meili could enter for the fair. And these were some of the extras we took. (I just want to point out that Meili picked out her "eclipse outfit," because it was dark like the moon, and light like the sun.





No comments: