The last few years when we've taken our kids to the Cache and Box Elder County fairs, Josh has said that he wants our kids to enter some things into the exhibits. So this year, we finally thought ahead enough to make that happen. I'm not totally sure if the $30 we made was worth the effort that we put in, but I think the kids liked their new experience.
I also told the kids that this year, since we had gone to Lagoon and were going to Disneyland, we weren't going to do any rides at the fair. Josh thwarted that plan when he got unlimited to the Cache County fair again. I swear, our kids have no idea how spoiled they have been at the fair lately!
Cam was not big enough to ride any of the rides, and he was none the wiser.
This year, Grant was big enough to really enjoy some of them, and our daredevil Meili, has yet to find a fair ride that she doesn't enjoy.
This is our pile of items that we entered for the Cache County fair. Meili painted a picture of a butterfly, and took a last minute photograph of our neighbor's flowers, that we printed on our home computer, I entered a baby quilt, wall hanging, and scrapbook. Grant was too young to enter anything. Between the two of us, we got first, second, third, fourth, and participation ribbons.
So for the Box Elder County fair, we learned some things, and put in a little more time and effort. Meili got a first place ribbon for her drawing of the Titanic.
We took some pictures up at USU, and she got a second place ribbon.
Grant took a picture of some of his favorite things.
Grant and Meili also entered some honey, and each got first place ribbons. I entered a baby quilt, wreath, and another scrapbook. And between the two fairs, they each earned $15 toward a souvenir at Disneyland!
This is a picture of the kids learning to lasso.
Luckily, we were able to bring Meili and Grant home with us at the end of the night, even though they were both booked into the Jailhouse!
No comments:
Post a Comment