Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pioneer Day


Josh had to work on Pioneer Day, so Meili and I headed down to Bountiful for their Handcart Days extravaganza. We ate dinner and did fireworks at my sister Emily's house on Tuesday, and on Wednesday went to the fair.

What a difference a year makes! Last year, Meili wouldn't even ride on the little train. This year, she loved all the rides and couldn't get enough!




 This ride may have been made more fun just because of Gigi and Chloe laughing hysterically the whole time.



 I talked Meili into riding the train with Ruby instead of having her face painted, because it was a little expensive for my taste.
 Chloe said she was posing like a butterfly. She's such a ham!
 I don't know what Meili will do in the winter when there are no bounce houses.
 Then, to finish off, we had some yummy food!
 After the fair we headed to Honeyville for the Anderson family extravaganza-which, on the 24th, usually consists of a pinata.

 Kyle
 I told Jared that with Meili's coordination, he wouldn't even need to move the pinata-it would already be hard enough for her to hit it.


 Carson
 Alex
 Andrea
 And Bren saying "I did that!" He sure did.
There was barely enough left for Jensen to take a swing.

Meili was interested in the pinata exactly long enough to hit it. Kami had to gather some candy for her, because she was already back to playing with the ducks, and jumping on the tramp. Too many fun things to do to worry about treats!

No comments: