Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lewis Family Reunion



On the 12th and 13th, we had our annual Doyle Lewis Family Reunion. Beginning with a weenie roast and smores in my Aunt Susan's backyard.

Meili's highlight? (Of possibly her life so far) Riding the horse. Meili is a generally fairly happy child. But there is happy, and then there is horse-back riding happy.

I would be lying if I didn't say that in the last few weeks I actually considered the possibility of living in Honeyville just so that having a horse would be feasible.

I'm not there yet. But maybe someday. 



 Randomly, she will still tell people about riding the horse.

And top off the night with smores.


 The next morning, we had breakfast and games for the kids at the park.

My aunt Susan pulled out all the stops with the kids games. We let Meili make up her own rules on a few of them.

 Such as passing the water balloon back and forth between she and Shasta, rather than actually tossing it. Somehow, they still managed to pop the balloons eventually.
Fishing



Again, she was supposed to actually throw the "javelin." But let's face it, there were some adults that couldn't even do it.

While we had a break, we took Meili, Shasta, Chloe, Gigi, and Ruby to Willow Park zoo.

That night we had dinner, and played Bingo for prizes. 

Until next year...

No comments: