Whenever people told me that the 4th of July was their favorite holiday, I didn't understand why. I always thought it was fun, but it was far from my favorite. But, now, I get it.
First of all, what we are celebrating means more to me the older I get, and second, we had so many fun things to cram into one day that, in the end, we didn't even do it all because we were so exhausted by that evening.
On the 3rd, we watched the fireworks at Romney Stadium from a church near the stadium with some of my family and some of Josh's family.
Josh's brother, Jake, said that Meili was more entertained by the glow sticks than the fireworks. There were so many things she liked, it's hard to narrow it down, but, yes, thank goodness for 50 glow sticks shared between 2 little girls.
I was trying to get a good picture of Josh's homemade glasses...
But neither really did them justice.
His eyes look creepy though right?
On Thursday, we woke Meili up much earlier than she wanted to head over to the Honeyville festivities.
Meili's favorite part of the parade: Treats? No. Fire trucks? No. Horses? Of course!
And, as it always goes with kids, the day that we know we are going to take lots of pictures of Meili and she is going to see both sides of her family in one day... She face planted it trying to jump off the swing with an uncle.
Nothing a little face paint can't cover.
What would the 4th be without a few bounce houses?
And a little water...
We didn't stay long enough the do the live fish pond-which may have been Meili's highlight of the entire day. But there were just so many things to do, and not enough time to do it.
After the Honeyville hoopla and a short nap, we headed to my Grandma's house for a barbecue and more playing in the water.
As I said, we were invited to another barbecue and fireworks that night, but I literally could not get myself off the couch.
Happy Independence Day!








No comments:
Post a Comment