Josh and I went camping this weekend with my college roomate, Hope, and her family. At this point, if we didn't have Hope and Dustin, I don't know if Josh and I would ever go camping. So this is a tradition that can never end :)
This picture was not while we were camping. It's actually from a couple weeks ago when Hope stopped to see us. But don't her son Noah, and Meili look like they could be siblings?
We got to Montpelier Reservoir on Friday just in time to get a little fishing in.
The fish were tiny, but I prefer it that way. Then the kids can have their fun, and no fish die in the process.Yes, it has been decided that Meili needs her own fishing pole, because she loves it.
I think everyone caught at least one fish (even myself, because Josh wouldn't let me stop until I caught one) except Hope-but she was pretty occupied watching her 3 children.
I should probably stop saying that Meili is not my child, because someone will believe me one of these days. But honestly, in all my 20+ years of life, I have never had the urge to touch a fish. And Meili couldn't get enough. So the game became: catch a fish, Meili slaps it around a few times, and then we throw it back, hoping that it learned its lesson.
Meili was so excited to sleep in the tent, and we got her her own air mattress.
Dustin was excited about his new pontoon boat.
Of course, smores are a must!
K, here's a little story that I hope to NEVER forget. Everyone always talks about how much work it is to go camping, and pack up all your stuff, and bring food, and set up a tent etc. etc. I say totally worth it-if for nothing else than just to have had this experience.
On Friday night, after fishing, I took Meili in the tent to put her pajamas on. I thought she would never go to bed without eating marshmallows that we had talked about all day. When I tried to get her to leave the tent, she said no. Why? Because it was time for bed. (Her words). So she laid down, and five minutes later, she was out.
On Saturday, we were making our smores, and after Meili had one, I looked over and she was headed to the tent. Josh and I asked what she was doing, and again, she told me it was time for bed. She laid down and was out in five minutes again! Never... in...her...entire...life...has...she...told...me...she...was...ready...for...bed!
Like I said, totally worth it!
And look at how cute she was sleeping! I swear she didn't move all night.
Until next year Hansens!


3 comments:
I'm so amazed that you've taken her camping more than once! Nick wants to go, but the cold nights make me SO nervous. The last time we went camping (before Shasta came along) was in Cedar City in July and I FROZE during the night. But I'm pretty sure if your tradition with Hope ever comes to an end, Nick would be more than happy to fill in.
Too funny that Meili was so willing to go to bed. Sounds to me like you need to pitch a tent in her room! Note to self: Next time grandma does a grandkid sleepover, bring tents!
We are already throwing around ideas of places to camp next year. Can't wait. Totally worth the effort to hang out with such awesome people! (For both of us! lol)
I really wish we could have gone!! It looks like it was so much fun! We've been so busy with this house moving and all this other stuff that I don't know how we would have added another camping trip in the mix during that time. BUT seriously...can you do another roomie trip and we can join in the fun?! :) I told Kev that we need to go to Logan to visit my Grandma, so we have to see you!
Post a Comment