Sunday, July 21, 2013

Grandma Sleepover

My mom wanted to have a sleepover with just she and the 4 oldest grand-daughters this year (because they would be old enough to spend the night by themselves-and also because my mom is nuts.) Then, that idea turned into the 4 oldest girls and me coming to supervise Meili and Shasta. Then the idea became my sister, Bethany spending the night as well. Well, Emily's not going to miss out on the fun. So, we just had a girl sleepover! (plus Jackson, minus Sara and Shelby.)

 As if a sleepover with 8 grandkids under 8 isn't enough work, my mom also decided to make them all matching pajamas. They were pretty dang cute, and Meili still loves them.
 Before bed and after the dance party, the girls read stories to each other to help them settle down. Audrey's turn first...

 Somehow Jackson manages to stay happy around all these crazy girls!
 Then Chloe's turn...

 And Emily's last... The girls just laughed and laughed even though they all have this book memorized.

The actually sleeping part of the night was exhausting for everyone! But we can survive anything for one night right?

The next morning, my mom had all the girls paint their pajama shirts.




 My mom thought it was so funny that all the girls were done painting but I was still going on Meili's shirt. Yes, it's true, I could totally get into a sleepover with a dance party, painting my own shirt, and painting nails!

 This was the third time in 2 days that I told Meili that she could just walk in the water but not get totally wet.

Yeah, first-time-mom learning experience-that NEVER works!

See, wet from head to toe!

Even with all the craziness, my mom said she wants to make the grandma sleepover a tradition!


2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so glad you posted this! Looks like it was a lot of fun. How much of Meili's shirt did Meili do??? Before I read the part about you still working on it I thought, geez Meili is talented! Shasta's shirt is a big blob of colors! What was the book that all of them were laughing at even though they have memorized? I couldn't tell from the picture.

Bethany said...

Oh my gosh! Cute pictures! You need to email them to me. I mean, if you don't mind.