With a title like "Never-ending struggle" this post could be about any number of things where Meili is concerned, right? Potty training... TV... eating....
But no, none of those would be fun for me to write about at this point. This post is about praying, and just so that I will remember these funny stages in the future.
I've said before that Meili prays for the food regardless of the time of day or night, and I've said before that she uses her "prayer voice," and that she used to pray for things like Pooh, and Piglet, and Eeyore.
Well, we've recently gotten into this rut where her prayer was the exact same every time: "Heavenly Father, bless the food when Daddy's at work," (She says that regardless of Josh sitting at the table with us or not. I believe it started because we blessed the food, and blessed Daddy while he was at work-so she just made it a little more efficient.) Then she says "Bless that we have a good day. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
That was her prayer every single time she prayed. So I started interrupting her in the middle so she would learn to say more. She did not like that one bit, and would hold her fingers to my mouth (in the middle of the prayer) and say "Shhh... don't talk." I started to explain to her that we need to say more things when we pray, and I gave some suggestions.
Well, I don't know if I would say that we've made progress or not. She's listening... I guess...
"Heavenly Father, bless the food when Daddy's at work. Bless that we have a good day... Bless that we have a good day... Bless that we have a good day... Bless the food when Daddy's at work. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
Yes, she is saying more things now.
1 comment:
I laughed out loud because this is my life right now! Isaac says the exact same thing!! And when I try to prompt him, he says (louder than me), " In the name .. In the name... IN THE NAME OF (J.C.) AMEN!"
Post a Comment