Sunday, July 25, 2010

House pictures

So, obviously I have been a blog-slacker this year. (You all know that.) I thought that part of that was because we either didn't do anything noteworthy this year, or we didn't take pictures. As I was going through our camera yesterday, I realized that we had at least a few pictures that I had never done anything with. So I did three posts to catch you up on some events of the last year. (Dating all the way back to football last fall! I know I'm awful!) This first picture is for my old roommate Jessica. She's been asking, or should I say bugging me for picture of me in all my pregnant glory for the last six months. So here you go. Jess, I hope it's everything you wanted and more.That picture should explain why I haven't taken more pictures of myself while I've been pregnant. This is at 26 weeks, so I guess it's about time to start charting the progress.

Then, we have pictures of what we've done with our house so far. All the furniture is in place, but I have endless ideas for ways that I want to decorate. (They will probably be on the back burner, what with the baby on the way and everything.) The front room. There will be cushions and curtains in the windows someday.
The kitchen. I know, it doesn't look that much different from the last picture.
The dining area.
The family room. See the story of our house all along the way, has been that our furniture is a little bigger than we thought and the house is a little smaller. That's why this couch looks like the room was built around it. It BARELY fits, but we have taken many naps on it already to break it in.
The family room from the couch.
The exercise, sports-themed room. You can kind of tell from this picture, but let me just tell you that fitting a treadmill, weight bench, and TV all in this room, and having them all be accessible to use, is quite amazing. I like having sports-themed rooms in our houses so Josh can have all of his various sports memorabilia and decorate it however he would like.
The office/library/craft/music room.
The bedroom. We're just using a sheet on the bed right now because it's so hot!!! So that's why the bed is so lovely. Check out that red wall!! I've dreamed of having a red wall in my house since Josh and I got married, and I have to say, it adds quite a bit! I didn't take a picture of the baby's room yet, because it has lots of work left. So I'll keep you posted!

7 comments:

Cherilee said...

I love the dining area picture. I think you should submit it to Better Homes and Garden magazine!

Randy and Raylene said...

Wow!! You must have had a GREAT realtor to be able to get such a stunnign house!!

Randy and Raylene said...

That was supposed to say STUNNING!!

Randy and Raylene said...

What a beautiful mommy your baby has!!

Amanda said...

AHHH! I'm pretty sure we have the same house, except yours is MUCH cuter. I love it!

P.S. you're cute, pregnant. :)

Todd Family said...

Wow! Look at you, you little blogger!! I feel so overwhelmed with all this blogging!!! I am SOO happy you posted a picture! Bugging really pays off! :) You look as cute as I could have ever imagined! And yes..it's SO much more!! So happy for you guys and all these new exciting adventures in your life! p.s we had a red wall and LOVED it at our apartment in Costa Mesa!! Glad you got your wish!!

Bethany said...

It looks really great! You've done a good job. I was counting the clocks though and I think you're missing a few. JK!