Thursday, August 3, 2017

All of May

These are all of the fun, various things that happened in our lives in May.
 Josh's mom tries so hard to get cute pictures of she and her grandkids...
This is what she ends up with.
 We had one last snowstorm where Meili had just enough snow to build this snowman...

 ...And take selfies with it.
 In April and May, Cam discovered the stairs, and we haven't had a moment of respite since. Aye, yi, yi.... So many stairs in our house!


 Meili did some indoor camping, while Grant had a ball with Josh at Father's and Sons. I thought Meili was pretty creative to make her own campfire out of cardboard and a stick.

 Josh and I went to an overnight manager meeting with his coworkers at a really nice cabin in Sundance. Cam got to tag along. Probably because his face is so sweet!
 Out of all the places to eat between our house and Sundance, we chose Chuck-A-Rama. Don't ask me why.
 In support of brain tumor awareness and one of the Young Women in our ward, the kids and I all wore grey.
 
 Meili also lost her first tooth. Although the word "lost" is debatable. The actual story is that the tooth was slightly loose, and when I left for the night, Josh yanked it out of her poor tiny mouth just to teach me a lesson about leaving him alone with the kids. (Story may be exaggerated for effect.) Meili doesn't look too upset.
 A cute picture Meili drew of Cam.

The only time our family has gone camping so far this summer was sleeping over two nights at Josh's mom's house. The kids still totally loved it, and it was a bonus to have cousins. We had two very late nights watching movies on the side of the house.
Pictures can never capture the absolute sweetness of babies, but I will continue to try.
Grant is always so excited when the Young Men put up a flag in our front yard.
MaryElizabeth has started to downsize some of her belongings in getting ready to move out of her house. This is just the beginning of the library that we have gained from Lou's collection. Looks like we've got some reading to do!
This was taken at a friend's house. Look how cute he is in the little red car!


More pictures of the lost tooth. She wrote on the envelope, "I lost my first tooth. It is in this envelope." She loved getting a dollar coin from the tooth fairy.
 
I mean really...
Look at that face!

At about nine months, Cam was crawling, and got his first tooth. (I told Meili that for every tooth Cam gains, she needs to lose one.) So far, she's not too far behind him. He sleeps well at night... in mom and dad's bed.... Ugh. His naps are also a mess. He's a good sleeper, but being the third child has more complications that I expected. His first nap is generally not at home. We're either at the gym, or in the car, or somewhere. Then his second nap is the same time as Grant's. So Grant sleeps in his room, and I don't want them to wake each other up, so generally, Cam ends up sleeping on the Cuddle Bag in the family room, which makes is nearly impossible for me to get anything done during his nap. And it's hard for Meili because I'm constantly telling her she needs to be quiet or go in another room. Ugh! That part of this stage is not my favorite, but I'm still not quite ready for Grant to give up his naps. But Josh and I are not loving the horrible sleep habits we've created for Cam.
This month, Meili also finished soccer. I think this has been her favorite year yet. She has really enjoyed having friends on her team. The last couple years, she has started out really strong, and then she gets complacent, or thinks too much (I'm not sure) and she's not as aggressive.

No comments: