Wednesday, August 23, 2017

One Year Older and Wiser Too....

I warn you now, there are 64 pictures in this post to capture one day in our lives. But with a son like Cam, I would say he's deserving of that for his first birthday.
 We all enjoyed the day that Cam turned one. His face says it all, right?
 I sent a message to Josh's family inviting them to a party for Cam's birthday, and Grayce responded with, "Actually... we were going to invite everyone to go boating that day to celebrate the July birthdays and Pioneer Day." So, sweet! Win! Win! Boating in the morning, party in the evening.
 I tried to narrow down these pictures, but each chocolately face is awesome in it's own way.




 We struggle with selfies so much. Life goals, right?

 Last year, I think it was Grant that sat so far deep inside the tube that you couldn't even see his head, because he was scared. He has overcome that fear. These three could have stayed on the lake all day.





 Who put who to sleep? It's like the chicken or the egg.
 
As far as Cam's party...
One of our neighbor's told us years ago that if we ever wanted to have a party, they had a bounce house and a slushie machine we could use anytime. Sadly, our kids have been born in October and January, so we haven't been able to take them up on that offer.
 
Enter Cam...
 So I decided if we were going to have an outside party, we'd do it all. A piñata is a tradition on Jake's birthday/Pioneer Day.




 Ruby takes her piñata smashing very seriously. Josh is lucky to still have both his legs.




 Ivy was playing with Cam. It was so sweet.


 Gathering their spoils. I think every child got a turn but Andrea-which was just fine with her.

As for the smash cake...
 
 Cam always wants to share, but Wynn was definitely not taking him up on that.



 Well, if that isn't happiness, I don't know what is.

 Grant picked out this car for Cam. Surprise. Surprise.


 I did a monster theme, because I thought it would be cute and easy.







 For a party in the middle of the summer, over a holiday weekend, we had a good turnout. Sara had her baby Shiloh 3 days before, so she wasn't able to come, but the rest of the Hendricks family did, and Bethany's family couldn't make it.













What a sweet, loved, lovable little boy! We're so excited he's in our family. I love watching him grow and learn. Love you Baby Cam!

No comments: