These are more random pictures that I'm dumping from my phone. First off, I haven't done an update about Grant for awhile. (The Ugly Truth about being the middle child.) So let's just talk about how silly this little boy is.
I don't think I've ever had anyone in my life that I has simultaneously made me laugh and made my blood boil at the same time. It's probably because he is so much like me. He is so full of life. There is no other way to describe it. When he wakes up in the morning, he lights up the room, and from that moment on he is on a mission. A mission to live life, to destroy our house, to get his way, to laugh, to whine, to hit, to tackle, to cuddle, and to play. You know when he is excited and doesn't know what to do with himself because he just sticks his tongue out and spits. I don't love the behavior but it just endears us more to him (which I could probably say about most of the things he does.) He talks like crazy in a high-pitched, glass shattering tone, and at this point his c's and k's sound like t's, g's sound like d's, and r's sound like w's. Most of the time, pretty much anyone can understand him, but I have had several people ask me if our baby is "Baby Tom."
And he is All-Boy. I don't know how else to describe it. He finger nails are always dirty, as is his face. He loves potty humor, and he is not delicate or graceful in any of his movements. He LOVES cars and trucks, and his favorite color is blue.
A couple funny stories about Grant: When we can, we ride bikes to Meili's school. Usually she rides her bike, I pack Cam in the backpack, and Grants rides his tricycle. He finally figured out how to actually use the pedals about a month ago, but still refuses, because he has learned that if he just scoots along by pushing his legs, he goes faster. I think a lot of days, we are quite the sight on our way to school. One day, I decided that it would be faster, when we picked Meili up from school, if Grant rode in the wagon and I just pulled it. Every kid's dream right? Well, Grant had other plans. (Grant ALWAYS has other plans.) He put his truck in the wagon. I thought he just wanted a toy to play with on the way. Nope. He pulled his truck all the way to and from the school in the wagon.
There is never a dull moment with Grant in sacrament meeting. One week, we didn't bring our church bag with all of the toys, so I had to think of other ways to entertain Grant. I drew a picture of a garbage truck with a black pen. He said loudly, (because Grant has no inside voice,) "Now draw a green garbage truck." I said, "I can't draw a green one. I only have a black pen." To which he replied, "Just try." He sure showed me. I drew 4 garbage trucks that were the exact same, and he assured me which one was black, and which one was green, and which one was pink, and which one was blue.
I don't think it would be possible for a mom to love a little boy more.
Lacey borrowed this Olaf costume from Kami last year. So before we gave it back, all the kids just had to take a turn trying it on.
I'm not so sure Cam wanted in on the action, but someday he will be stronger for having to endure older siblings. (Trust me, I know.)
No comments:
Post a Comment