Saturday, September 3, 2016

THE.... LONG....AWAITED.... DAY....

Meili has been waiting for the first day of kindergarten since, oh, forever. So when the first week finally came, to make matters even worse, she didn't start till Friday. On Tuesday, (back to school night), she woke up that morning, got dressed, and was so excited to go meet her teacher. She was so disappointed when I told her she had to wait till that night. Then she had an assessment on Thursday, and it wasn't nearly long enough to be at the school. So then, as of a week ago Friday, she's a KINDERGARTENER!!!
 Maybe with my last child, I'll cry and reminisce about how fast the last 5 years went. As far as Meili goes... we were both so ready, and I'm excited for her to have new adventures and to make new friends. Of course, the first thing she told me when I asked her how school was that day, "We didn't have recess today, because it was Friday."


And if I thought Meili was impatient waiting to start school, now she has a little brother who has seen that his sister's classroom has blocks in it. Aye yi yi... It's going to be a long 3 years!

No comments: