Saturday, September 3, 2016

County Fairs

We finished off the summer by going to the Box Elder and Cache County fairs. The Cache County fair didn't go at all according to plan. It was at the end of a week that we had stayed a couple days with my parents. So by Saturday, Meili and Grant were so used to being spoiled, not having a routine, and not having attention from mom, that they were crazy. It was a day that I had looked forward to since last year, since Grant couldn't ride on any of the rides and he'd be able to this year, and it ended up being not a great night. My parents came up for the fair, and we met up with my brother's family, and I ended up leaving pretty frazzled. We didn't even end up doing rides, because of lack of time, and I didn't think the kids had behaved well enough to go on rides.
 
We did, however, do pony rides.
 
 
 
 
Luckily, we had a chance for a do-over at the Box Elder Fair, and I am happy to say that things went much better.
 



 Grant got his chance at rides, and I think on some of them, he couldn't decide how he really felt. This one, he went on once, and then chose to sit out when Meili and Brayden wanted to go.
 For some reason, I totally love this picture. Oh, to be 5 again!

 This was Grant's favorite ride. He took driving the truck very serious.




 

No comments: