Sunday, October 23, 2016

2 and 3 Months

I kept thinking all of last month that I needed to post a 2 month update on Cam, and because I put it off so long, now I have like 10 posts in the works, and can't really remember last month very well. Oh well! Such is life.
What I will say about Cam's 2nd month, is that life settled down a little bit. Before having a third baby, people like to offer advice, and tell you that the third child is the game changer. Many people told me that 3 kids was their hardest transition, and by the time you have 3 the parents are then outnumbered etc. So far, for us, we have had so many things thrown at us since Cam's birth, that yes, life has been crazy, but I swear to you, it is not because of Cam. He is doing everything he can to make life bearable for us. He is so sweet. I joke that he is my favorite child. Sometimes that's joke, sometimes... not so much.
 Sometime during the second month, Cam started sleeping on a pretty regular schedule at night. Usually he's asleep by about 8, then I wake him up around 11 to feed him, and then he wakes up again to eat around 5 or 6.
 He's our only baby so far that I can lay down on a blanket on the ground and he will kick contentedly for a little while.
 So far, he pretty much only cries if he's hungry or tired, and he eats pretty well-about 4 oz., about every 3 hours. He doesn't however, like his carseat very much.
 He had a crazy alfalfa sprout on the back of his head, and I waited for awhile for more hair to come in and even it out. I waited way to long, because when I finally cut it off, he looked so much better!
 What a handsome boy! So far, I think he looks more like Meili than Grant.

 Are you kidding me?!? Those toes!!!
My friend Lindsey let us borrow her swing for a few months. It has been a life saver! I love everything about that swing!
 Mary Elizabeth came to church with us for our primary program. Meili's part was the very last of the program and she did awesome. She also sung in a small group, she was the youngest in the group, and she still did great. I could hear her and she knew all the words. 

Around 2 months, Cam learned how to smile. Now that he's three months, he has started laughing and cooing more. He is such a joy, and we just adore him.

But honestly, how could you not? He's adorable! Here he is in the freezing cold at the Aggie game last night.

The last few months, Meili has become an even better sister than she already was. Since Cam has gotten a little bit older, and he's gotten strong enough to hold his own head up for the most part, she is able to help with him even more.

 
Since he's smiling and laughing more these days, she also can keep him entertained for a little bit longer.
 
 
And this was a moment that melts your heart as a Mama. I set Cam down in the crib for a minute while I was putting away laundry and cleaning up, and this is what I came in to find. They stayed like this for over a half and hour. They loved it, I loved it!
So sweet!
And this boy! Is a pretty good big brother himself! (And I couldn't resist the matching shirts.)
But, of course, Meili needed to be in on the action!
At his doctor's appointment, at about 2 1/2 months, I think he weighed about 13 lbs.-which was in the 50th percentile. What? We don't know about these average children! We have only had the extremes thus far. I think he was in the 80th percentile for height, and 90th for his head :)

Speaking of his head... It's crooked. He always lays with his head one way. So right now, we are trying to do some stretches with him, and reposition him when he sleeps. We're hoping we can get it figured out, so he doesn't have to have a helmet.  





No comments: