Sunday, October 23, 2016

Cam's Blessing

I think of all my kids, Cam's blessing was the one I stressed out about the least, and it turned out to be a great day. I was hoping and praying for good weather, because I just didn't see how we could fit both of our families in our house together at the same time, and it was beautiful weather-we couldn't have asked for better. I went back and forth on the food, and finally decided to just do sandwiches, which were super easy. On the way to the church, (which we were early to, I might add) I turned to Josh and said, "It's a beautiful day for a blessing!"
 
When we sat down in the church, I was going to feed Cam and get him as nice and settled as I could, but my Aunt Valeri offered to hold him, and he seriously just smiled and laughed at her for like 20 minutes, so I figured he couldn't get much happier than that. So, then of course, when Josh took him to give him the blessing, he started crying! My happiest child, who rarely cries, cried during his blessing!
 
I still didn't think it was bad though. He settled down after a few minutes, and I could still hear the whole thing. I thought it was beautiful.
 
In the blessing, Josh said:
-That we are proud of him, and grateful to have him in our family. He was blessed that he would be able to provide for a family. He would avoid the devil's works and temptations. He was also blessed to learn the gospel-not just to learn it, but to live it, and that he would serve a mission to teach others.


 Look at all those cute kids! I feel so blessed to be a part of the families that Josh and I have and for the family that we have started now.


That night, I tried to take some pictures of Cam and his outfit. The lighting was not great, but he sure was a happy, cooperative boy!








We are so grateful to have him in our family!

No comments: