Saturday, January 16, 2016

GQ'ing It

One of my goals this year is to learn how to use my camera and Photoshop better, so I really wanted to take Grant's 2-year pictures myself, but I'm just not quite there yet. I asked my friend Lacey if she would help me, since I bought my camera from her.
 
When she saw the pictures, she said, "You should be so proud of yourself. 1. For making him, and 2. For taking these pictures.
 
Yes, both turned out well if I say so myself.


 This is what happens when you ask Grant how old he is. He proudly puts up whatever fingers he can and says, "Free." I tried correcting him for a long time. But I may give up, because it's just so cute!






 He's so big! So GQ. I didn't know he had it in him.



Our boy at 2:
-I mentioned the car/truck obsession. Between Paw Patrol, and anything with wheels, you pretty much have Grant summed up.
-I used to say that Meili "operated in extremes." She was either super happy, or the most upset toddler in the world. That is just that much more true with Grant. He is definitely a happy, crazy, energetic little boy. But don't try to tell him, or you see a tantrum that is no joke.
-He has started singing along to songs, and I can't get enough! I think his favorite song might be "Shut Up and Dance with Me." But he also knows, "Let It Go," "Tonight, Tonight," "Wheels on the Bus," the Paw Patrol theme song, and (we just discovered) "I Am A Child of God."
-His dancing consists of spinning around in circles till he drops to the floor, then he smiles and says, "I'm Tay!" (I'm Okay)
-I don't know if he will ever be a great sleeper, but we're at a point that I can finally handle it. Right now, he usually wakes up once in the middle of the night to let us know that his blankets are not covering him, or that he's uncomfortable. So we go in, reposition, and he's good to go. (What a spoiled little boy!)
-He eats like a toddler; meaning that his diet consists of chocolate milk, juice, fruit, treats, crackers, fruit snacks, and when he eventually gets hungry, he'll eat whatever we're having for dinner. But he usually doesn't stop long enough to figure out that he's hungry.
-I think that he talks a lot for his age and he's starting to like books more. But he's becoming a TV junkie. A habit, I am currently trying to break him of.
-He weighs about 33 lbs. (96th percentile) and is almost exactly 3 feet (85th percentile) but the doctor believes he's probably a little bit bigger and the measurement was just a little off.

Oh, how that little boy has my heart!

No comments: