Saturday, January 16, 2016

Weirdos

And now for some random...
 These pictures are from the day that we received a package in the mail, and I thought to myself, "Sure, I can be the fun mom that lets her kids play in the packaging peanuts and not freak out."
 ...For like 45 minutes...
 ...Until I became a Stark-Raving Lunatic.
 Because the mess from packaging peanuts...
 ...Is no joke.
 In December, I decided it was time for Grant to switch to a big boy bed. I was going to stay 2 nights at my parents' house by myself, and the next week, my parents were going to watch our kids overnight. And the pack-n-play wasn't cutting it anymore for Grant.
 I'm always so nervous about these transitions, but as has so often happened with my kids, Grant has been awesome! It's never been easier to put him to bed than in the last month. I think he really likes that he feels like he has freedom, even though he doesn't really feel the need to exercise it. Before we put the gates on his bed, he did fall out a couple times, but nothing serious, and I did find him asleep on the recliner in their room once. But besides that: smooth sailing. And (aside from getting sick) he has been sleeping better; I think, because he needed more space.
 These pictures are titled, "Why we need siblings." Because, as mom, I never would have thought of putting socks on my hands and skating around the kitchen floor. But apparently it is amazing.
 As a side note, now, every time Grant sees this socks, he is very upset when I try to convince him that they actually go on his feet.
 
 This was also the day that I told Meili it looked like she was "in mourning" because she was wearing black from head to toe. She proudly came home from preschool that day and said, "Mom, none of the kids at preschool said I was mourning today."
 
I stand corrected.


 Pardon the awful settings on my phone, but just one more use for our throw pillows that I never would have thought of.

No comments: