Saturday, January 16, 2016

Holiday Update

Due to some computer issues, I've been behind (which I know only matters to me.) But it is already the middle of January and I haven't even started on our family scrapbook for the year which is eating me alive! (The past few years, it would have already been in the mail by now!) So, I've decided it's time to get over my fear of using our new computer, and get on it. Easier said than done. Also, there are some pictures missing between my last post, and these pictures, but they are now trapped on a computer that will no longer charge. :( So that's a problem for another day.
 
Well the holidays are long past, and we enjoyed them just about as much as possible. Beginning in October I held my breath and crossed all my fingers and toes that none of us would get sick, and spoil our plans. By some miracle, we all managed to hold it off until the week after Christmas, and then it hit all 4 of us. But, honestly, if there is a "good time to get sick," that's probably as close as it comes.
 This is our thankful tree that we made for Family Home Evening before Thanksgiving. It was more fun this year that Meili could actually contribute meaningful ideas, and she is really into writing the words for herself as well as drawing pictures.
 If I remember right, there was a weekend that I stayed at my parents house that we went to Festival of Trees on Thursday (some of the pictures on my other computer), then the lights at Temple Square on Friday, and decorated gingerbread houses on Saturday (next post.)
 The kids were a little nuts at temple square, but compared to our experience last year, I think it went fabulously, and no one lost an appendage due to frostbite-which is always in question at temple square.






Nothing quite so beautiful as the lights at Temple Square with family!

No comments: