I love this story, and want to remember it for always...
Josh was making chocolate covered strawberries a couple days before Valentine's Day, and had some chocolate bars open on the counter. I came over and said something about "Mama wanting some chocolate," only to find Josh had already melted all the open bars. Defeated, I got distracted with something else. A few minutes later, I look over and Grant has been meticulously tearing open one more candy bar to get me a teeny tiny piece that is now squished between his chubby little fingers. He says, "Mama, I got this for you!"
Someday, sooner than I want to think about, he will steal the heart of some other girl, and I will remind her that he loved me first.
For our Valentine's Day dinner, the day before Valentine's Day, because I had a Young Women activity the day of, we gave Cam a ginormous sucker, let him got to town, and tried so hard to capture a picture that showed how much he enjoyed it.
Meili's heart-hair for her Valentine's party at school.
Our traditional Valentine meal consists of a 2 liter for each person (a tradition from my parents), red/heart shaped foods, and a small present and treat for each person.
I wish a saved the name cards that Meili drew for each person. I can't remember what she drew on her's and Grant's (probably cars for him, horses for her), but on Josh's she drew a picture of him watching TV, which, I thought was hilarious, but she had done that before. However, when I looked at mine, I said, "Is that a picture of a mop and a broom?!?" She answered so sweetly, "Yeah, because you like cleaning!" "Meili, I don't LIKE cleaning, it just has to get done." Then she said, "I also drew you by yourself, because she like to be alone."
HA HA HA! I guess she does listen to what I say.
Grant got a transformer-another obsession.
He was trying not to smile.
Then we played a couple of simple Valentine's games that I thought were fun, and so easy.See who can make the tallest tower out of conversation hearts. Josh won.
And Cupid, which consists of blowing q-tips at each other through a straw.
Grant liked that one better.
I may regret teaching them this in the future, but for one night, it was good memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment