The snow this year has been bonkers to say the least. And these pictures are actually just the beginning. I had no idea at the time what we were headed for.
We ended up having 3 snow days in Cache Valley in January, which is almost unheard of. To get one snow day in Utah is quite the blessed event, but to get three... yeah, nuts. One of the days, school was cancelled because the temperature was close to -20. WHAT??? Yeah, crazy! When temperatures are that cold, it's almost hard to enjoy having a day off. But my kids did take an advantage on this particular day, when it was warmer, but just tons of snow.I tried a tried to get a picture that would do it justice, but still, the pictures don't really capture it. Although this picture does look like a little slice of heaven to me.
Several times, I felt like I was shoveling the snow into this pile by the street, and then the snow plow was plowing it all back onto my driveway, in a constant battle, because there was just not enough room for all the snow.
At this point, I would be okay with not seeing anymore snow again for awhile. But, I tell you what, there was a winter a few years ago that we got one snowstorm, in April, where snow was on the ground for less than a day; and I keep saying that I would take this winter over that year any day. (Although there have been quite a few people who have had to deal with flood damage, which I don't envy.) Maybe we could find a happy medium.
No comments:
Post a Comment