Josh's birthday celebration was pretty simple this year. In fact, I had Young Women the day of, so I asked if we could celebrate the following day. I made him dinner, and a new cheesecake recipe.
Grant's birthday was also fairly simple since we just had Christmas and he was spoiled. In the morning, Josh just couldn't wait to give him the toy that he picked out.
Every once in awhile, when we have guests, Grant gets so excited to bring his "Fixing Hing" downstairs to show them.
Then he chose to go to Old McDonald's for lunch.
I spent the time during his nap making this cake and then Meili set all the cars up for the display. I loved how it turned out!
The cake kind of evolved as I made it. I made Grant a cars cake last year too, so I tried to figure out how I could change things up so it wouldn't be the exact same. He's also more in to monster trucks and construction machines than cars, so I wanted to try to incorporate that.
He loved it! This may be hard to believe for those that know Grant, but he was obsessed, and just couldn't leave it alone the whole time we were trying to eat dinner.
Blowing out the candles
The sad reality in my world is that no one in my family really likes cake all that much. There are many treats we would all choose over cake. But I love making them. So I make the cake, and then a few days later, we throw the majority of it away. Totally worth it!
However, Grant would have driven his cars in the frosting for days if I had let him. He was pretty upset when I told him we had to throw it away, and I'm still pretty sure that he honestly didn't know that the purpose of the cake was to eat it, and not just look at it or play in it.
My parents got this tent for Grant, and they just couldn't wait to use it. We slept over at my parents' house shortly thereafter, and Meili and Grant took it with them so they could sleep in the tent.
And, of course, they had to get Cam in on the action!
These are the pictures from the rest of Grant's presents. Pay no attention to his pants being on backwards :)
He got an expansion to his Paw Patrol track, and...
Paw Patrol suckers!
I've heard people say for years, "Everyone says "terrible twos," but three-year-olds are way worse!"
I didn't really feel that way with Meili, but so far, it is definitely true for Grant. He has developed a defiant, independent streak that is no joke. But he is also very cute and so sweet. He loves cars and trucks, still loves Paw Patrol. He has obsessions with a few songs: Shut Up and Dance with Me, Jesus Take the Wheel, True Colors from Trolls, and How Far I'll Go from Moana. When he sings his ABC's he sings, "ABCDQFG..." and then, "Now I know you ABC's..." He knows that it's wrong, but because we've tried to correct him, he will never change, because he's like that. He loves being silly and crazy. He likes dancing and I think he got his moves from his dad ;). He frequently says, "I love my new baby brother!" And tells me that he loves me. I think he and Meili are really pretty good together. They fight as all siblings will, but more often than they fight, they share, and if Grant gets a treat, he makes sure to get one for Meili and vice versa. I wish I could just record his every move all day long because I think he is so cute and funny, and I know this age will pass in the blink of an eye.
No comments:
Post a Comment