Last year and this year, we tried some "no spill" technology so that Grant could be totally involved in Easter egg dying without making a huge mess, or breaking all of the eggs.
How did that turn out? I think I boiled 30+ eggs to end up with less than 24 that were totally smashed.
And his hands say it all where the mess is concerned. We usually start out with the best of intentions, but by the end, it's just Meili and Grant transferring eggs over and over from one color of dye to the next.
It's worth it in the end. After a few baths, there hands are usually back to normal, and we have yet to permanently stain the counter.
At this stage in life, I love that we basically just get to move from one holiday tradition to looking forward to the next.
Speaking of... The Saturday before Easter, we had an Easter egg hunt and my parents house, and then headed to Honeyville for another Easter egg hunt. For Easter being so early this year, I'd say we couldn't really complain about the weather.
Grant was just as excited to find what he believes is one of Papa Randy's golf balls.
Neither in Bountiful or Honeyville did my kids leave needing more candy. My mom asked each of her kids to bring 12 eggs to contribute, and then I think she said that she added 100+. Mind you there are 11 grandkids in the family.
Whereas in Honeyville...
I don't think anyone has ever bothered to count the eggs. There are always PLENTY. Lets just leave it at that.
Can we just admire Gigi's pose for a minute?
The 2 littlest boys who are not going to be so little anymore next year.William didn't even need the candy inside, just the Spiderman egg.
...And then there was Sunday morning.
Easter candy is my favorite, and our house was LOADED. Oh my goodness! That many treats would have lasted the average family like a year, but even in our house it was a good 3 weeks-which is saying a lot to have it last even that long.
No comments:
Post a Comment