Monday, May 9, 2016

Baby Animal Days

Josh has a pass to the American West Heritage Center through his work, and he wants to make sure that we get the full use out of it that we can this year. So for Baby Animal Days this year, I took my kids on Thursday with Nick and Sara and their kids. There was a possibility of rain that day, and it was still pretty muddy from rain the entire week, but I thought it would be totally worth it to beat the crowds. And it was.
 The weather was great, the lines were short, it was rainy-but not too bad. And Grant with the baby chicks was pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen. Don't you agree?



 I really considered buying one after those faces.


 We were all pretty bummed that Grant was too young to ride any of the horses there, although I thought about trying to pass him off as a 3-year old.




 Oh! That boy! As I say to Meili frequently, "It's just not fair for him to be that cute!"
 (And I kind of like this little girl too.) Everything was all well and good until this bunny had been sitting on her lap too long, so she tried to get it off herself, which I think scared the bunny, and it scratched her. Then she was pretty much done with Baby Animal Days even though I tried to explain that the bunny wasn't bad.
 We went back again on Friday with Kami, Brayden and her family. We just hit some of the highlights one more time because it was a lot more crowded.
The next week, Meili went back again with her preschool. Needless to say, every time Josh mentions me taking them to the American West Heritage Center again, Meili isn't interested. We'll have to take a little break, and try again in the summer.

No comments: