Monday, November 2, 2015

Half a Decade

 To celebrate Meili's birthday, my parents came up on Friday night the 30th. My dad was going to the football game with Josh and it didn't start until late. My mom and I stayed home with the kids. As a note, I would like to add that that was the day of Meili's friend birthday party, and a Halloween Carnival at gymnastics. But in the morning when I asked her what day it was and if she knew what was happening that day, she said, "It's Friday and Grandma and Papa are coming to stay at our house!" Also when we went to Build-a-Bear Workshop, she was more excited about staying the night at my parents' house than she was about building her animal. I'm glad that she loves her grandparents, but I need to stop planning other events apparently. 

We had a Halloween themed dinner. I provided noodles, sauce, meatballs and bug juice-which was about all I could muster after throwing a birthday party. And my mom brought a Jack-o-Lantern with carrots, olives, and cucumbers, witches' brooms with pretzels and string cheese, worms with grapes on skewers, spooky mouths with apples, marshmallows, and peanut butter, and snake bread. Needless to say, we had WAY too much food. But it was fun. Although Grant would have been content with just bug juice, and I was worried that he would always want bugs in his drinks. It obviously would have been cooler if I had taken pictures, but who thinks to do that at the time?

The next day we went with my parents and brother to Texas Roadhouse. I thought it was fitting since Meili is a cowgirl through and through.
She had no hesitation about sitting on the saddle and having everyone sing to her.
 Here she is telling our server that she is 5 now.

 And Meili was all-around spoiled for her birthday. She loved all of the presents from her friends and we've got Barbies galore at our house now. My mom got her this shirt-because that's got Meili written all over it.
 My mom also made a bed for her 18-inch doll, Lilly Anna. But when I say that she made her a bed, I mean that she made her a bed, a mattress, a bed skirt, a sheet, a pillow, a quilt, a unicorn blanket for Lilly Anna and a horse blanket for Lilly Anna's horse Cooper Cream. (And slippers for her new unicorn and pajamas for Meili.) Sheesh! But that's how my mom rolls! I will say it was pretty awesome to see Meili opening the present saying, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!"
 Then Josh's parents came over and brought a present for Meili as well. It's a Barbie and her horse. The funny thing is, that I had seen the exact same thing when I was shopping for Meili's birthday, and thought, "Oh Meili would love that!" But I couldn't justify it, with everything else we were doing for her birthday. So yes, Meili loves it! The people who love Meili sure know her well!
Words cannot describe how much I love our spunky, horse/pony/unicorn loving, pink, princess, smart, sassy, sweet 5 year old. I'm her mother, so it's okay that I think she is the most beautiful person I've ever met, and I'm pretty sure she's the smartest 5 year old on the planet, and she also knows just how to get under my skin. I'm so proud of the little person that she has become, and I'm so excited to see all she has ahead of her in her life, because I know she will do great things! Happy birthday Sweetie Pea!

No comments: