Monday, November 2, 2015

Friend Birthday

Since Meili was turning the big 5 this year, I decided it was time for a friend birthday party. We invited a few of her friends that there moms are really my friends-so therefore, she friends with them, we invited a couple cousins, and a few friends from preschool (which was pretty tricky since I have never met their moms, and just had to take her word for it that she was good friends with them.) But since she spends a good amount of time with them every week, and talks about them, I decided it was worth to see if they could come. When all was said and done, we ended up with 8 little people in my house on Friday afternoon (and Grant when he woke up from his nap.)

Of course, with Meili's birthday being on Halloween, costumes are a must. I love seeing all the kids in their cute costumes. 

 The pictures are out of order, but we played some games: Pin the face on the Jack-o-Lantern, Pass the Pumpkin, Bingo, and Four Corners. I had lots of ideas for fun Halloween foods, but since I feel like kids load up on too many treats anyway the week of Halloween, I decided to do healthier foods instead of treats and cake and ice cream.


 
 We had banana ghosts, hotdog mummies, spiders on logs, bug juice and olives (that look Halloweeny :) (Really the skewers were supposed to have olive, cheese, olive, cheese, but my cheese froze so when I tried to cut it, it crumbled.) Aside from that mishap, the food went as well as I could have hoped.




And yes, kids have too much sugar, but they still need a treat at a birthday party. So we decorated sugar cookies :) because that's what I do for everything. (Every holiday, for activity days, and for birthday parties.) Overall, everything went as well as I could have expected. William didn't want to leave his mom at first, but it was his first birthday party, and he did eventually warm up, and Isaac was mad when he realized that Meili was the only one opening presents, but besides that, I thought it was a lot of fun. I love watching Meili grow up, and enter into this new stage of life!

No comments: