Sunday, November 1, 2015

Build a Bear (or Unicorn)


 Meili has been telling me for MONTHS that she wanted to go to Build-a-Bear workshop for her birthday. So I promised her we would and a couple weeks ago, we made it happen. I knew it would be more expensive than your average stuffed animal, but I wasn't prepared for how much more expensive-and therefore, did not prepare Josh nearly enough. So now we have a very expensive, very well loved addition to our family. And hopefully she will stick around for awhile, because it's probably never happening again.



 It was pretty cute to see Meili help put the stuffing inside her new Princess Celestia, and they do a little ceremony when they put the heart inside. The pony has a birth certificate, and my parents came with us, which makes everything in Meili's life more fun. They made a big deal out of her birthday and gave her a certificate.
 Meili picked the exact opposite as I would have for everything. I would have gotten the Chuck Taylor's and roller skates, but she got the little pink pumps. She is so.... true to herself. There's not even a way to describe Meili in one word, but she is true to herself.


And here she is admiring her new friend. So far Princess Celestia goes just about wherever Meili goes. Sadly, when we ask her what she wants for Christmas, she still says, "A fluffy Unicorn." I was hoping Princess Celestia would suffice, but apparently because she can't actually ride the Unicorn, we will need to be on the search for another one for Christmas.

No comments: