From the time Josh got home from work on, Meili's birthday was a little crazy. We were trying to balance trick-or-treaters coming to the door, eating dinner, opening presents, getting Meili back into her costume, going trick-or-treating ourselves, and eating cupcakes. We had crepes for dinner. (I tried to pick Meili's favorite foods for each of the meals, but let's just say, either her tastes are being influenced by me, or her picks for the day were definitely influenced by me.) Then we opened presents.

When I asked her what kinds of presents she wanted for her birthday, she said "pink ones." So that was easy enough to take care of.
This picture is showing her new rolling suitcase. The outcome of that gift was different than I expected. She always plays with the suitcases at the store, and wants to roll ours through the airport every time we go on a vacation, so I knew she would like it. When she got it, I said that it was to take with her to grandma's house. So of course, she immediately wanted to go to Grandma's house. After a few tears, and explaining that we "Had" to go trick-or-treating instead of grandma's, she insisted that we take her suitcase with us to go trick-or-treating. If it had been up to me, I probably would have just let her, but Josh said absolutely not. So if you were in our neighborhood, and happened to hear and little girl screaming from house to house-that was Meili, and she was just upset that she couldn't take her suitcase trick-or-treating. I'm sure most people don't expect to open their doors, to a little 3 year old with tears dripping down her face.
She eventually got over the suitcase, and had fun for a couple houses. Since we had gone trick-or-treating earlier she burned out pretty fast. Plus, we got to one of our neighbor's houses that had a trampoline and playground-she would have just been content to stay there all night.
And the obligatory cupcake after a day full of fun!
On Saturday, my parents came to the Aggie game, and to celebrate Meili's birthday. I made this cake.
And we had Meili's actual favorite food-pasta. I also invited my sister-in-law since Meili insists that she is going to marry Shasta in the temple someday. It was a little bit of a crazy night, but I think Meili wouldn't have it any other way. It was so crazy, in fact, that we forgot all about the cake. How is that even possible?
It worked out though, because we took it to Josh's parents house the next day. They invited us over for dinner and we had a small third birthday celebration.
I had planned a party with Josh's whole family the Sunday before Meili's birthday, but she ended up getting sick. Luckily, she kicked it just in time for her big day.
What a spoiled little girl! But we sure do love her!









No comments:
Post a Comment