Saturday, December 14, 2013

Time Flies

If I had a post for every time I thought about posting, I wouldn't find myself trying to catch up with a million different events over the last month and a half. However, that is where I find myself. So here goes...

 The first snow fall of the season, Meili and I made snowmen. Me, being 30+ weeks pregnant, thought I was doing pretty well just being willing to play in the snow. However, for Meili that wasn't good enough. We had to make not just one snowman, but a snow family. I have since had several neighbors comment on being in disbelief when they saw me out building snowmen. My favorite part was when I would roll the ball way too big, and still try to lift it-which I wouldn't have even been able to do were I not pregnant. 

They are ugly, but they were our snowmen for about half a day, until they all fell apart.

 Meili built a fort-not much more to say about that.


 We have loved going to Aggie football games again this season. For the most part, Josh has been able to get tickets through his work which is obviously a bonus. Meili usually is really into it, and likes the atmosphere for a little over one quarter, then she starts to get tired and squirmy just in time to take a nap in Josh's arms for a little over a quarter. Works great for everyone!

 For Thanksgiving, I thought it would be fun to try having Meili sleep in lots of braids.
For a girl who doesn't really like having her hair done, she was super patient. 

And... sadly, this is the only picture (below) that we took on Thanksgiving, and you can't really see the finished product anyway, but there you have it! She's asked for me to do it a couple times since then, but I don't think she really realizes that it took almost an hour to braid, and that it takes a little planning ahead of time.

 We put our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. It's very simple, but it's still my favorite every year. Meili loved helping put up the decorations this year. But it took a couple days for her to figure out that we would have to wait a little bit before it would be Christmas. She woke up the day after Thanksgiving thinking that it was Christmas, and then the day after that, and the day after that... Now she just reminds herself (and everyone else) every once in awhile that it's Christmas TIME, but not Christmas DAY. Sadly, it will be here all too soon though!
 The Saturday after Thanksgiving, the Aggies beat Wyoming to become the Mountain Division Champions. Obviously since that day we have had to endure the Fresno game where we lost the conference championship, but we remind ourselves regularly that considering the fact that it our first year in the Mountain Conference, and we have had injuries to so many key players, and we have a brand new head coach and it was just a few years ago that we were lucky to win 3 games a year... and the list goes on and on; we have to be pretty excited about the outcome of this season. And I think we have one more win left in us!

 Last weekend, in keeping with tradition, the girls in my family, (plus my dad and Jackson and minus Sara and her crew), went to the Festival of Trees. It's always a little crazy, but we love it, and it's always amazing to see the creativity of so many people.

 I couldn't even get a great picture of this "gingerbread house" because it was MOVING!
 Meili loved all the kids games and activities. She painted a village scene, made a snowman gift bag, talked to an elf on the phone, went fishing, did the bubble machine, got a face tattoo and picked a prize from the tree.


 I tried to talk her out of the monster tattoo, but she was not to be convinced. Then I let her keep it on all of the next day,and she still cried when we had to take it off for church on Sunday.


 This cowgirl tree was her favorite, but that little blur in the corner is her moving too fast for me to get a picture.

The next day we made gingerbread houses, and I did not take out my camera once, so I'll have to convince a family member to share their pictures.
 While I organized the clothes that we've gotten for our little man, Meili found endless ways to entertain herself with this tote.
 On Monday, we went to see the Live Nativity in Nibley. However, if you asked Meili, there was not nativity, just horses for her to see.


 The famous Moses the camel

 And today, we went to Hardware Ranch with Josh's brother and his wife. Again, Meili would have been satisfied just seeing the horses, although she was really sad when we didn't get off the sled to go pet the elk.



As far as life goes, I am almost 35 weeks pregnant, which seems completely nuts. I stress everyday about how we are going to adjust to having 2 kids because I think we have a pretty good thing going. However, I feel like we are mostly prepared. Nursery/Meili's room is ready (pictures to come) our little boy (thanks to Bethany, and some friends) has PLENTY of clothes and blankets etc.

I feel more pregnant this time than I did with Meili. I would say that I didn't feel like this until about 38 weeks with Meili, and I'm pretty sure I look about 47 weeks pregnant. But I'm grateful everyday that I still feel pretty good, and am able to be somewhat productive everyday. I am almost ready for Christmas, and the good news is that no matter how I feel, I am in no hurry to get this little guy here. (Plus, we don't have a name for him yet-slight problem.)

Funny story that just kind of illustrates life right now... Josh walked in to Meili's room wearing HIS OWN sweats, and Meili said, "Um... Daddy, I think those are Momma's clothes." So yeah, that's where we are in life. Meili is more used to seeing me in Josh's sweats than in my own clothes. Life is good!

No comments: