Some of our neighbors' parents' have a tradition of throwing a "Halloweenie Roast" on their farm. This was our first year going, but it was a lot of fun. I don't really know what to call it, expect maybe a smaller version of the Pumpkin Walk, with no pumpkins. But Halloweenie Roast doesn't really do it justice either-especially because I had no hot dogs.
The pictures from my phone also don't do it justice. It was really cute, and so nice of them to do so much work just for fun.
Meili loved the little train!
The Friday before Halloween we carved pumpkins
Josh helped Meili with her little pumpkin, since he had painted his pumpkin at a Young Men's Activity. He was completely done with hers, before I had even finished scraping all the guts out of mine. Figures!
He tried desperately to get her to stick her hand in the pumpkin with all the guts in it-but she wasn't having it. Such a girl!
This picture commemorates the fact that Meili and Josh fought for 10 minutes about the light in her pumpkin. We didn't have any little candles, so Josh decided to use a flashlight in the meantime, but Meili was intent on having the light pointing directly out, but then you can't see the face on her pumpkin. I thought it was hilarious watching the two stubborn kids duke it out. Guess who won?
The Saturday before Halloween, we went to the Pumpkin Walk. I absolutely think the Pumpkin Walk is one of the best things Cache Valley has going for it. I think it's so fun, and so many people do really cool things, and it's all free!
The line was so long, but, again it didn't bother me, because Josh waited while Meili and I watched the puppet show, and looked at some of the "stick your face in the painting" things.
That may have been Meili's favorite part.
Such a fun night! And it doesn't hurt that the weather was perfect!







No comments:
Post a Comment