Thursday, November 7, 2013

Halloween


First off, some random pictures of playing in the leaves. Word to the wise... When you are looking for a house and the listing boasts "Mature trees," and you are thinking about how beautiful those leaves are in the spring. Stop yourself before you get too excited, and count each and every leaf on each and every tree, and imagine yourself raking each and every one of those leaves off the ground when you are 30 weeks pregnant, and have a three year old who just wants to play in the leaves and redistribute them throughout the lawn for you. Then decide if those "mature trees" are such a selling point. 

With that being said, I love the fall, I was so excited for the leaves to turn colors and to play in the leaves with Meili. We just have A LOT of trees, and each one has A LOT of leaves, and Josh's every spare second is consumed currently, so my back is not loving the fall, and all our leaves. But there are worse things than this...



When I was pregnant with Meili, I wanted her to be born pretty much any day but Halloween. But I have to say, that it's turned out to be pretty fun to have her birthday on Halloween. This year, we started off with a breakfast of French Toast, bananas, and she got to open one present. Then she had dance, and her teacher said that they could wear their costumes.



What a cute cowgirl!

Then, Josh demanded that she and I go trick-or-treating on Main Street so we could stop in and see him. However, he was busy both times we stopped by. Murphy's Law right. 

We went with my friend Alisha and her son Isaac. It was a lot of fun, and they got loaded up on more treats than their little bodies can handle, I'm sure.

Honestly, at the end of the day, Meili probably would have been content to just ride on all the Big Blue statues along the street.
 Then, she and I went to Arby's for lunch, because she wanted a "hamburger," as she calls a Ham and Cheddar sandwich. We went home and had a nap. Stay tuned for the rest of the birthday/Halloween pictures.


No comments: