I love that when Meili and I talk now, we both can understand most of what the other is saying. Meili now knows...
-When I say we're going to read books, she goes upstairs and starts picking one out
-When the garage door opens, my phone rings, or I get a text, she says, "Daddy!"
-She knows that we need to pray before we eat and she folds her arms
-She dances when there is music
-She understands when I say that we're going upstairs, downstairs, or outside
-When I tell her to put on her socks and shoes, she can do most of the work herself
-My favorite...When I ask Meili her name she says, "Mei-Me."
These are the words that Meili can say (that I can think of off the top of my head):
Momma, Daddy, dog, nana (banana), book, bubbles, bird, ball, outside, shoe, baby, no, juice, and Amen. But most often she just points and things and says something that sounds like, "What's that?"
And our quest for good pictures continues... These are the best of the month.
The second Meili wakes up, she believes that she needs to be wearing shoes. However, these jellies that Josh got her, terrified her from the moment she saw them. Luckily, she got over it after a few days of coercing-because they're so cute!

If Meili could live outside, she would-which I am fine with because I love being outside too. She doesn't care what she's doing, if it's cold, or if it's windy like this day-she loves it!
We spent a weekend at my parents' house, and they had an easter egg hunt for the kids. It was such a fun experience for me, no matter how short-lived it was.
I asked her to say "cheese" and she yelled at me.
For my 27th birthday, I taught my first class at my new job, so the percentage of the day that I even remembered that it was my birthday was less than 1%. When I got home, Josh had made me a cake :) I didn't even notice, but he pointed out that the orange rolls are in the shape of an M-for Mommy.

Loved spending my birthday (even though it was only about an hour) with these 2! Thank you both!


1 comment:
I love reading your blog! You are lucky to have such a great little family. Hope the class went well. See you on Thursday!
Post a Comment