Friday, June 9, 2017

March stuff

 Who says that after 11 years of marriage, the romance is gone? I loved that we understood each other perfectly!
 When I spent hours and hours making these throw pillows, this is exactly what I had in mind...




 I don't remember what they were pretending. Good thing they have each other to shenanigan with.
 We built temples for Family Home Evening

 This is our first banana from the banana tree Jake got us YEARS ago. This is what I wrote on facebook when Josh posted the picture of it...
"I would bet 6 years ago (not 4 as Josh said) Josh's brother, Jake, dropped off a tiny banana plant at our house with no explanation, and he promised me that we would one day get bananas from it; to which, I told him he was crazy. (We live in Utah, where bananas don't grow.) So for 6 years, I have watered the plant weekly which has become another member of our family. (Trust me, it's in more pictures than I am, I guarantee.) I actually thought the plant was pretty for a few years, but now it is a full blown tree, in our semi-small house. We have moved it to every spot in the front room, hoping to find a less-awkward spot, and have to relocate it to the kitchen every December to make room for a Christmas tree. But it is literally Josh's pride and joy. Somewhere along the way it became a competition he and his brother Jared, who was also gifted a tree, and because Josh's was bigger... you get the point. If I forget to water the tree, he feels as if I've neglected one of his children.
So yes, here we are, 6 years later, enjoying the fruit of our labors.
It tastes just like a banana you'd buy from the store, except 6 years more labor-intensive.
And the icing on the cake of the whole story...
Josh doesn't like bananas.
 Here is the little chub-chub in the bath, because I couldn't resist.

No comments: