Monday, June 12, 2017

Grant's First Year Playing Soccer

Grant (and I) have been waiting and waiting until he got the opportunity to do SOMETHING. For years, he has waited patiently while we shuttled Meili from preschool, to gymnastics, from soccer to dance, from kindergarten to birthday parties. So it was finally Grant's turn... and he loved it... mostly :)
 Soccer consisted of 45 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the month of April. On Tuesdays, they did practice drills, and Thursdays played a game against another team.

 Grant's favorite was crawling through the cardboard box. If he could, we would try to skip the rest of the drill, and just move right on to the cardboard box.


 Because of work, I was only able to go to one of his games. And it was hilarious. Josh said most of the games were similar, but the one I went to was definitely the most extreme. As long as Grant had the ball, he was the happiest little boy. The second someone got it from him, he turned around, broke in to tears, and sulked all the way over to me. Then we talked him through it. Explained that's how the game works, and told him to go back out and try to get the ball again. Which worked really well, until someone took the ball from him again.

 This was the best picture I got
of the sulking.
 
 

 Here's his whole team with his infinitely patient coach, Anna.

And when Grant got his treat, certificate, and shark water bottle, all hurt feelings were forgotten!



No comments: