Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Gymnastics

Meili has been involved in dance for the last couple of years. She likes it, but I wanted to try to gymnastics to see if you she liked it even more. I personally think it was a better fit for her, but I'm pretty biased because I practiced my Olympic floor routine in my parents' backyard for years, and used the hallway through their dining room, kitchen, and family room as a vault. (And the pattern on their linoleum was the perfect width for a balance beam.... ) Get my point? I may want to vicariously live through Meili.

 With that being said, I thought it was more successful than dance. It took her the better part of the year to figure out how to do a cartwheel, but she finally did get it (by watching a Barbie Ninja movie, if you can believe it!)
 Now we'll just have to decide whether she's going to continue this year. If I had it my way, she absolutely would, but she thinks she wants to try horse back riding lessons.
For their very last activity, they could choose whatever they wanted to do. Of course, it was this zipline! Who wouldn't choose that?

No comments: