The last few years, I have really enjoyed our town's city celebration. But this year, I decided we needed to get a little more involved, because they have some really fun things they do. On Monday, Meili decorated her bike and participated in a bike parade. On Thursday, we went to the children's theater play and Meili is so excited for when she can participate next year. Then on Saturday there was a fun run in the morning, followed by a parade, and carnival in the park.
Josh didn't realize what time the run started, so we pulled up in our car, as they sounded the horn. So I took off to try to catch up with the 5K-ers. I was pretty frustrated because I felt like I could have done pretty well in that 5K. It's a course that I'm familiar with, all flat, not too hot, and I've been running pretty consistently lately. So the time at the finish line said 26 minutes, and I know I was faster than that, but I don't know by how much. Oh well! No big deal!
However, it was a big deal to me that Meili completed her first race. She told me a couple months ago that she wanted to run a race. So we've been planning on it. I took her running once last month, and she would run for a couple houses and then stop, and then run for a couple houses, and then stop. Plus, it started raining in the middle of our training. So I think we completed about a mile, but not sure, and honestly, she didn't have as much endurance as I thought she would. (She runs around all day long, everyday.) Then the following week, she couldn't put wait on one of her legs, so I felt bad and thought I had pushed her too hard.
So Josh ran with Meili for the race. They started after I did, and Josh pushed Grant in the stroller. He said that she ran the whole time! I was so impressed. Leave it to Josh to also say, (about our 4-year old daughter, mind you), "She has good form. Her arms were a little weird, so I tried to correct her on that, but her feet are really good." Heaven help our child!
Again, they didn't know their official time either since they started late, but Josh guesses it was somewhere between 12 and 15 minutes. I couldn't run for a mile straight till I was like 13 though, so I am totally proud. And she had fun, and she could walk just fine afterward!
The pictures are nothing special, but I just think they are so cute!
Then there's me...
...And the family stretch.
Look at Grant following along!
Then the parade...My sister-in-law Kami, brought her son, Brayden, and Josh's dad came to enjoy the festivities with us. I loved the parade! I thought there were legitimate floats to make it worth going, but it wasn't super long either, and because the parade route was so long, it wasn't super crowded either.
Grant has the system DOWN! He sits on the sidewalk looking adorable, people throw candy, his mom, grandpa, and pregnant aunt, gather all the candy from the street, bring it to him, and he enjoys treat after treat after treat from the sideline.
Hence the grin...
The carnival was SUPER hot. So we tried to have our fun and get out ASAP. (All of the festivities that I have mentioned were free by the way! I love our town!)
Face paint: Check!
Cotton candy: Check!
Bounce house: Check!
...And home for a nap before we all melt!












No comments:
Post a Comment