Monday, July 13, 2015

Bear Lake is Perfection!

 Josh and I celebrated our 9-year wedding anniversary this year. I'm not going to say that I forgot about it, because I totally remembered, but I thought that he and I had a mutual understanding that because we were going to Bear Lake that weekend, we weren't going to do anything the actual day of. The night before he said, "So, what are your plans for tomorrow?" I rambled some things off like I usually do when he asks me that question. He laughed and said, "So what are your plans for tomorrow?" I rolled my eyes and said the same thing over again, until finally he said, "You don't remember do you?" So finally it clicked and I said, "I DO remember that it is our anniversary, but I thought we were going to celebrate it this weekend, so I was planning on going to Bunco. That's fine, right?" Yes, I guess that makes me wife of the year. So yes, even though I did end up going to Bunco on the night of our 9-year anniversary, I also made this candy-bar card for him as a sort of peace offering.
This is Meili's new trademark. One time I tried to show her that she could draw a picture of an eye, a heart and then the letter U, and it would say "I love you." She changed that to the letter I, a heart, and a Unicorn horn, and to her, that means the same thing.
 The last few times I've gone to Bear Lake with my family, I've thought the same thing: Bear Lake is perfection. I have loved it every time. My kids could play forever, I love playing with them, where the water is shallow it is the perfect temperature, and the water is shallow forever.... I could go on, but really I'd rather be a beach bum. Going back to the anniversary... Originally I told Josh that we needed to do something big this year. Next year will be 10 years, but most likely I will be pregnant, or have a new baby, or something, so I told Josh that we needed to do Hawaii or something. Well, then Josh went and got a new job, and we're just not as comfortable with a huge expense right when he switches to fully commission salary. So next best thing? Bear Lake. 

Actually I had a speaking engagement in Bear Lake that I had to do for work, and the next day I had a family reunion, so we just went up for the evening; played in the water, ate dinner, Josh and the kids got a shake while I did my work thing. It was a great way to celebrate.







Hawaii will just have to wait! But don't worry! We'll get there!

No comments: