Sunday, June 28, 2015

Summa Summa Summa-time!

 Just some random pictures from the beginnings of our summer! 

We had quite a bit of rainfall late into the year, probably to make up for our complete lack of winter. I don't mind except when it means that every single time my kids go outside, they want to play in the puddles. Ugh! But, oh, did they love it! That's when Momma needs to relax and let it happen...

 Our cute little boy who can't help but be totally stylish!

 We had an impromptu family home evening about Noah's ark. The ark is complete with My Little Pony and Rabbit and Tigger from Winnie the Pooh.
 Meili and Grant playing with their cousin at the Anderson's.




 I couldn't resist getting evidence of the powdered sugar on her nose (and the PILE of powdered sugar that she put on her pancake!)
 Ever since we got our trampoline, I've told that we would sleep outside when it got warm enough. Through the entire months of April and May, she'd ask if it was warm enough, and I would repeat "In June it will be warm enough." So finally June came. 

The older Meili gets, the more she and I are able to hang out together, and sometimes she can just be my little buddy instead of me always having to be mom. There was a moment when she was telling me a scary story before we went to bed, and I was looking at the stars, and my beautiful, sweet daughter and I just wished that I could freeze that moment. I thought to myself "Someday Meili will be older, and she won't sound like a 4 year old anymore," and I felt my heart break just a little bit. 

 But, in the meantime, we will have many more sleepovers on the tramp.
 And the best part about Meili is that when I told her it was time for bed (and I was serious about it), she went to sleep. 

We didn't make it all night though. I heard her get restless around 12:30, and I told her that we could go in if she wanted-which she took me up on. Even better! She gets the experience of a sleepover on the tramp, and I get a full night's sleep in my bed.
 Meili and Grant, modeling their new shirts that Jake and Kami brought them back from Disneyland.
 When Meili tried to wear her Frozen shirt 3 days in a row, and I had to tell her no, she complained, "All the kids at the gym will think I'm crazy." "Why will they think you're crazy?" "Because it I tell them that I have a Frozen shirt, but I'm not wearing it, they won't believe me." Apparently the world needs to know that Meili now owns a Frozen shirt.
 Grant has developed a new obsession with blankets. On this particular day, he refused to eat his breakfast unless he had his blanket in hand. Just one more endearing quality in this sweet little boy. P.S. he has started holding my hand when we walk in the last few weeks! Gah! I will never get sick of holding my kids' hands!
 More puddles... But check out Meili's rockstar outfit!



I found this little gem on Josh's phone from when he cut Grant's hair! Handsome squared!

No comments: