Josh tried to plan a romantic weekend for the two of us the week before Valentine's Day, and I kind of ruined it. So it's still in the process. But for now, we had a very kid-centered Valentine's Day-which is turning into my favorite way to spend the holiday. (Not that I don't like spending time with just Josh and I too!)
If it were up to me, we would have had 12 straight hours of heart shaped and pink food, clothes, hair and activities. But we settled for heart shaped pancakes, eggs, and bananas (notice Grant's high-chair tray in the background.)
Meili's Grinch face that she's done for years and we've just never taken a picture of.
I'll have to keep practicing this heart-shaped hair that I stole from one of my friends-and how to get a better picture of it. We had a family picnic in the park. Ha! I don't know if I'll ever be able to say those words again in my life. We had a family. picnic. in. the. park. on. Valentine's. Day. in UTAH! So crazy! But so fun too!
Grant's Valentine's day present was a toy mop and broom. I promise I'm not a mean mom-starting with the fact that he is wearing no pants in this picture. I refuse to admit how long he was pants-less on this day. But I will say that it happens far less at our house than I think it does for most.
Also, I didn't get him a mop and broom because I'm trying to make him a slave already. He truly loves the real mop and broom, and just chases me around the room the whole time I'm trying to get the floors clean. And I've tried letting him use the actual mop and broom, and they are just too big for him, and he is too determined to let it go.
So far, they've been a hit with both kids.
I really just can't let go of my family's Valentine's traditions growing up. My parents always did a somewhat festive dinner, where we each got a little cheesy box of chocolates, a small gift, and our favorite 2-liter of soda. (Meili doesn't like anything with carbonation, Grant has not had the chance to try it yet, and I've cut out soda for the year, so I improvised a little on that part.) Josh suggested that we have crepes, which I was totally fine with because that's my favorite meal!Meili came to me and said she made this Valentine for Grant.
Me: "I love it! It looks awesome!"
Meili: "It's Brayden!"
And I just busted up laughing. Silly me! I figured the baby that Meili drew on Grant's Valentine would be Grant. But no, she explained, that Brayden is Grant's best friend, so that's why she drew him on Grant's Valentine.
We tried Meili's curlformers for the first time for her Valentine party at preschool. She loves how crazy they make her look.
As far as the curlers? So far, so good. She's asked to do them three times since, and I think they work pretty well, and don't take a ton of time to put in. Plus, they save a lot of time in the morning if she wants curly hair.
More pictures of our little janitors in training!
If only his sweeping was actually effective. My floors wouldn't look the way they do.









No comments:
Post a Comment