Tuesday, February 17, 2015

More Birthday!

We had a combined one-year old birthday party with Josh's side of the family for Grant and my nephew Brayden who are 2 weeks apart.
I believe these two are going to be "forced friends" for their lives because they're so close in age. Hopefully it's something they are thankful for as they grow up.
 There are a lot of pictures, so just bear with me.

 After the party with my side of the family, I felt like balloons were a must!
 After my cake pop fiasco for Grant's other party, I wasn't really in the mood to make another birthday cake. So luckily Kami enlisted the help of her sister-in-law, and they cake up with this masterpiece.
 I also felt the need to try out some new cookie cutters, and I bought all the candy I could find in the shape of balls. Don't worry, later on you'll see the pictures of the cotton candy that Jake and Kami couldn't resist for each of the kids. Sugar was in no short supply at the party!




 I was so excited about having Grant and Brayden do their cake smash together. And the event did not disappoint. I captioned what I think is going through their heads.
 Smack Talk
 Game faces

 "I'm not so sure about this."
 Brayden: "Buddy, I got this."
 Grant: "This can't be right."

 Grant: "Can I try yours?"
 "Yeah, maybe it's okay."
 Then Brayden just took off. Once he got into it, there was no stopping him.

We will divert for a minute as some guests were leaving, and we needed pictures.




 Back to the main event...
 Brayden left his mark.

 "What cake? I have no idea what you're talking about."
 This is what a one year old should look like after a cake smash.
 And finally Grant started to get the hang of it.

 But let's face it, in the competition of Grant vs. Brayden in the cake smash, we all have to agree, Brayden had this one in the bag!

No comments: