Meili has been asking for a long time to have a sleepover with me, and she could sleep in her sleeping bag and we could sleep in her tent. I kept putting her off because Grant's sleep is hit and miss and I value my sleep so much. But I decided it would be way more fun if she could have a sleepover with Shasta anyway. So a couple weeks ago, we invited Shasta over for a very girly night.
We did all the things that I believe are mandatory for a girls night...
Finger nails
(Sara had class that night, so we got the bonus of having Shelby with us for the earlier part of our girls night.)
(Sara had class that night, so we got the bonus of having Shelby with us for the earlier part of our girls night.)
Valentine crafts
(Sara, I promise that Shelby is not eating the glue in this picture. I am a responsible, caring, sleepover host.)
(Sara, I promise that Shelby is not eating the glue in this picture. I am a responsible, caring, sleepover host.)
And I thought it would be fun if everyone got to make their very own pizza.
I think they really enjoyed the "making" part, the eating? Eh... not nearly as fun.
Oh well. Josh, Grant, and I enjoyed it at least.
And of course, a movie with popcorn.
For some reason, it made them both seem so big to me when they were asking each other to do up the backs of their dresses.
This was Meili taking a turn being the prince.
Oh, these two girls are so beautiful, and they love being together! I thoroughly enjoyed the sleepover as well. (Until it was time for bed. Then, I mean business, and I think they figured that out pretty quickly.) In the end, everyone slept better than can be expected. I did, however, think it was funny when Shasta woke up around 7:00, and the rest of us were still fast asleep. Josh and Grant slept till probably 8, and Meili until about 9. We are not early risers in our house!


1 comment:
So, I haven't been on blogger since I last posted in January. This post made me laugh seeing Shelby with the glue. That explains a lot...! Also, maybe Shasta needs to sleep over at your house more often so you can sleep train her to stay in bed longer. She gets up at 7 every morning no matter how late she goes to bed. While my parents were here for graduation, she was up until 11 waiting for them to arrive that first night and she still got up at 7. At least if we have another baby she can do the 7-10am feeding stretch. :)
Post a Comment