Wednesday, November 12, 2014

More Halloween

 The young women in our ward did a Halloween carnival fundraiser the Tuesday before Halloween. Can I just mention that I joked that Meili probably just shouldn't take her costume off the week of Halloween, because we had so many events for her to wear it. The week before Halloween I did an activity with my Activity Day girls where she wore her costume, story time at the library the week before Halloween, then Sunday was the party with Josh's family, Tuesday was the activity with the young women, dance on Wednesday, her preschool party on Thursday, and of course Halloween on Friday, then my mom had her Halloween party on Saturday. I was definitely fine with her getting more use out of her costume!
 Notice Grant's wings that make him a "flying monkey?"




 This is a trap that Meili made (which happens regularly in our house.) I just loved all the different elements. Her boots, my little pony, ribbon, the Halloween decoration she made, bubbles, Cinderella glass slipper, basketball hoop, gift box, gift bag, and of course our "Wicked" Halloween decoration. I'm sure in her mind, she new exactly how it would work together to trap something.
The Monday before Halloween, we carved our pumpkins. I think this was the smoothest we've ever been at this particular event. I was worried because we were starting a little late, everything is a little harder with Grant in the equation etc. But we were done in an hour flat, and I thought they turned out pretty good. Meili was definitely the artistic director as she refused to touch the pumpkins period, but picked out the designs for both pumpkins and was very excited about our progress all along the way. Grant was perfectly satisfied in his high chair playing with toys and eating a sucker (thank goodness!) I thought Josh and I were going to have to take turns holding him. 
 Josh carved Mickey Mouse, and the one I carved is not as easily recognizable because Meili wanted Twilight Sparkle (my little pony.) But I was actually impressed with my work.


I can't say enough how much I love this time of year. Halloween has never been my favorite and I don't know if it's just having kids in general or the fact that Meili's birthday is Halloween, but now pretty much mid-September hits and I know we're just going to have fun fun fun until the end of the year (or now, for us, until January 13th!). I love the leaves on the ground, I love soup, hot chocolate, and cider, I love college football, I love all the traditions, I love snow falling and playing the snow, and of course, I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS in general! 

No comments: