Friday, November 7, 2014

Birthdays

We had a party with Josh's family on the 26th to celebrate Marlyse, Meili, Chris, and Kyle's birthdays. Of course we wanted the kids to dress up.
 Brayden as Olaf

 Meili has been obsessed with the soundtrack to Wicked this year. So she said that she wanted to dress up as Glinda. They don't make costumes for 4 year olds to look like that, but they do make the good witch from Wizard of Oz costumes. So I showed Meili the movie Wizard of Oz so she could see who she was really going to be. (I've also tried to tell her the story of Wicked as we listen to the songs, and it's a little complicated for a 3 year old.)

 Jase is dressed as the dog from Blue's Clues. (Is the dog's name "Blue?" I've never seen it.)
 Kyle

 Carson in his camo

 William

 Andrea as a butterfly

 Meili decorated her own birthday cake. I bit off more than I could chew this particular weekend, so her decorating it was a win win win! She loved decorating it, (all she cared about was the horses on it anyway), I had one less thing to worry about, and it looked so cute with her having done it herself, that everyone loved it more than if I had done it anyway.


In keeping with the Wizard of Oz theme, Grant was a flying monkey, I got all the stuff to be the wicked witch (Elphaba) but never really had a good opportunity to dress up, and I told Josh that he should be the Wizard or a scarecrow. Instead he decided to opt for wearing Aggie warmups and saying that he was walking on the football team to be the next quarterback. (It's sad that it may just about come to that.)

No comments: