The weekend before Pioneer Day, Josh had to work, so Meili and I headed to my parents' house, so we could enjoy the Bountiful City parade without Josh telling me over and over how much better the Honeyville parade is because it's only 10 minutes :) I'm kidding, but not really-we all know that's what would have happened if he had come.
The parade really was fun and it seemed shorter to me than it has in past years. Plus, they assembled over 2,000 young men from the area so they could recreate Helaman's Stripling Warriors. That was pretty cool!
One of the local formal dress stores passed out small plastic "glass" slippers, which Meili, of course, tried to put on her foot.
Meili and "Poppa" waiting for the parade.
I thought this picture was cute of my sister Emily and her youngest, Ruby.
My sister's in-laws came with us.
And here's the rest of the party: My dad, Chloe, Meili, Gigi, and my mom.
The next morning, the city also had a little carnival. One of the few rides that I thought Meili stood a chance on was a little train.
I should have known from her face that this was only foreshadowing what was to come. They didn't make it 20 feet before the train had to stop because she was crying. At least we got the picture eh?
My mom thought his picture was cute because Meili and Ruby looked like they were trying to talk.
I thought this one was funny because as soon as Meili tried to join Ruby in the stroller, Ruby grabbed her face. That'll teach her!
Oh, if only my child took cute pictures like Gigi!
Instead, I get this :) Actually the saddest part about this picture is that Meili has started doing this when I am singing in the car!
Since I did a little face painting in my former life :) I had to add this picture of Chloe's awesome face paint!
All around, we had lots of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment