Saturday, November 6, 2010

Our newest addition!

As most of you know, we had our little baby Meili last Sunday-on Halloween morning. When we got to the hospital, the nurse asked if we wanted to have our baby on Halloween. Although, originally, I didn't want to, at that point, I was coming around to the idea. The nurse joked that if we held off for 23 hours, she wouldn't be born on Halloween. I told the nurse that that wasn't funny. So I'll skip the gorey details about the delivery and just say that by the time we checked in to labor and delivery I had been having regular contractions for a week straight. I was in so much pain, had been nauseous for 2 days, and neither Josh nor I had had a good night's sleep in 7 days. Luckily the on-call doctor that night was willing to break my water and put me out of my misery. We checked in to labor and delivery at about 1:30 am, and had the baby at 8:58 am. After the week of torture that I had, the delivery was a walk in the park! (Well, not quite, but pretty close.)

We didn't take a picture of my belly before we left our house, because at that point, I didn't care anymore. But I think you can see in this picture, that I was pretty big. Enough said.
This is our beautiful baby girl Meili (pronounced May Lee). It is chinese and means, "Beautiful" and she is living up to her name.
She was exactly 8 lbs. How perfect is that?
This is what they call love at first sight.
Ditto.
These are pictures from our first week at home. I just had to get a picture of this, because from head to toe, this is paradise for Josh. Taking a nap on the Cuddle bag, watching a movie, in his sweats and Scooby Doo socks. Oh yes, and holding the most beautiful baby ON THE PLANET! I think Josh believes this is his most important job as a dad-taking naps with Meili. I have to admit-he's pretty good at it.
This was the first outfit we put her in, and I just couldn't believe how cute she looked!

Can I say beautiful one more time? I'm sorry but I think Josh and I did a very good job!
What an awesome dad!
And I had to get a picture of this because she pulls her legs up like this every time we try to change her diaper. She's either really modest, or likes to make it a challenge.

So that's our first week together! So far every thing is going really well. We are adjusting to our new sleep schedule, and I am starting to get a little stir crazy-being in the house all the time. But she is obviously totally worth it, and Josh has been the best dad and husband in the world. He has changed more diapers than I have, he's given her the only two baths she's ever had, he helps with every feeding, and we take turns getting up to feed her the in the middle of the night. He's cooked more this week than I have, and helped keep up with the house work. A beautiful baby and wonderful husband, what more could I ask for?

8 comments:

Cherilee said...

I gotta say I love the pictures. She is adorable.

Ilez said...

How exciting! I've been wondering when you were going to have her. She really is soo adorable. Most babies are not that cute when they are first born (mine included, although I still thought they were cute lol) but she looks perfect! Her skin, her face, even the shape of her head! You guys really did do a great job. And on top of that she was a healthy 8 pounds, that's awesome. Oh and by the way, I love the name. It's super cute and original. Congrats!

Hope said...

I just LOVE these pictures! I knew she was cute, but she is SO SO SO cute! I need to come see you this week...or maybe you should come see me if you need to get out of the house. :) Call me.

Bethany said...

She looks really beautiful in those pictures. I wish I could come see you again soon but I'm not sure when or how to make that happen. Thanks Josh for taking care of the girls!
Enjoy that sweet, sleeping baby.

Todd Family said...

i'm so happy you updated the blog! she is so cute and that's so awesome for you guys!! I can't imagine how much your life has changed! and i absolutely love her name! very cute! and i even pronounced it right the first time i read it! :) can't wait to meet her in real life!

Chalisse said...

Aww! Shes so cute!!!

Kym said...

Oh my goodness!! She's SO adorable!!

Shawna said...

Congratulations you guys! KC and I are very excited and think she is a real cutie!