Deron Williams
Monday, October 11, 2010
Dodge Barrage
For the last 2 years Crystal Hot Springs in Honeyville has sponsored a team at the Jazz Dodge Barrage, and of course, Josh jumps at the opportunity to spend the day with the team. Plus, who doesn't love to play Dodge Ball? There were some things that we liked better this year, and some things that we didn't like as much. The event was organized better, so the teams didn't have to wait so long between each game. But there were more people, so of course, we didn't get to just "hang out" with the Jazz members as much. Josh did get autographs from all of them, and even some people I'm pretty sure he didn't know who they were. (Only in Utah do you see a tall black guy and just assume you need his autograph! Ha Ha)
The Jazz players didn't play as many games this year, just at the very end of the day, whereas last year they played each round. And they didn't dress up like they did last year :(

But Josh did get his picture with Big Al. So far, we have decided that we like him, and are happy he's with the Jazz.
At this point, I was actually trying to get a picture of Josh jumping. In the first game, he jumped over several balls that were thrown at him. Someone said he reminded them of a leaping gazelle! Josh told me when we were dating that he had the highest vertical leap on the football team. I didn't really believe him until I saw it for myself.

Then I did the best I could to get some pictures of the Jazz-but they are not great. Here's Ronnie Price.

And Kyle Korver and a girl I don't know-but I'm sure she would be very happy to know that she is now on my blog forever. What can I say? It was a really good picture! Josh had a lot of fun. (He wouldn't let me play, I can't imagine why. I did so well last year, getting that one person out, and I told him that I could be their secret weapon. I mean, really, who's going to hit the pregnant lady?) His team got farther this year than they did last year by one round. So if they keep going at that rate, they just may make it to the finals someday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
holy moly i am SO stoked you are bloggint his much!! That would be so awesome to see the Jazz players in a different atmosphere then the arena! We really like Big Al...especially because Kev talked to him and drove his Bentley. Kev has a secret connection with him now! :)
I laughed my head off reading this post. These pictures are awesome. You guys should do it again next year.
Post a Comment