Monday, March 23, 2009

Surprise!

Sometimes I find myself, as I'm sure many of you do, talking to my coworkers or family or friends about Josh only when he's done something wrong, or when I'm complaining. I do realize on a daily basis how awesome Josh is, I promise, and I had to give him credit now, because he scored some pretty serious points this weekend.


First, I have a somewhat embarrassing confession, which most of you probably already know anyway. I had a small obsession with the Twilight series-not so much the movie, but definitely the book. And when the movie came out, before seeing any of it, I knew that I would like anything that had any resemblance of the book, even if they completely slaughtered the book. I know, embarrassing, but I realized a long time ago, and have accepted that there will always be a part of me that is a 17 year old girl that loves Dawson's Creek, NSYNC, and black finger nail polish.


Well, the movie came out this weekend, and my birthday is Sunday the 29th. I told Josh that if he wanted to get the movie for my birthday, he could, but he had to give it to me the 21st, because I couldn't wait any longer than that. If he didn't want to go out and buy it the day it came out, I would buy it myself, but then he couldn't count it as one of my birthday presents. Make sense? I know I sound really picky, but I promise if I didn't set guidelines for Josh, he would say that the socks that I bought in January were for my birthday.


So Friday night, Josh and I watched a movie, and I fell asleep. When it was over he went upstairs with me, and when I went to get in bed, he said he was going to check his basketball brackets on the computer. The next morning, he woke me up several times asking if I wanted to go eat breakfast. (I am not a morning person) and finally he broke the last straw at 8:45. I said, "I am going to sleep until 9:00 and I don't see why fifteen minutes is going to make a difference
!" So he went downstairs and I slept until 9 as promised. When I went downstairs, there was a Raspberry Texas Coffeecake on the counter. I told him thank you, and I was so relieved that I didn't have to make breakfast. We watched TV for a little bit, and finally, he said, "I can't believe you haven't noticed!" I looked at the TV stand where he was looking, and this was sitting on top of it.


I was so excited and thought that he pre-ordered, and it was just delivered that morning, but no. He went out at midnight and bought it on Friday night, along with the coffee cake. He even left some clothes downstairs, so that I wouldn't wake up when he was changing while I was sleeping. To make it even better, he was even willing to watch it with me that night! I have the best husband in the whole world.

8 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

That cracks me up!! This is funny - when Richard asked me to marry him the ring was in a box of chocolates and it took almost 30 minutes of cajoling me to even get me to open the box. Your "come down to breakfast" story reminded me of that.

Kym said...

Don't ya love it when your husband surprises you with something good?!?

Bethany said...

I am 27 years old and because of the busy Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday schedule I have the 17 year old girl in me is very mad that I haven't got my Twilight yet. Good job Josh!

Hope said...

Lucky. I still haven't seen it. Lame, I know.

Todd Family said...

WE LOVE HUSBANDS!! YAY FOR JOSH! (And for the benefits he gives you!) :)

Raylene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raylene said...

Kaleena,
Your mom feels like she never gets to talk to you. Your Dad got me Twilight for our anniversary on Saturday. We still haven't watched it but I will pin him down soon. Way to go Josh - we knew from the start you were a keeper!!

mom of a super-hero said...

what a fun surprise! i have to say, i love that kind of stuff!